Sunday, January 18, 2009

1.18.09


Today I went and saw arguably one of the best worst movies ever - "My Bloody Valentine in 3-D." It was gory, sick, ridiculous, dumb and a whole lot of fun.

But I went with my good friend Sam (for the record, a lady, so I do interact with the opposite sex on occasion.) and we have those usual lulls on the hour-long ride to Kansas City where you just kinda think about life or how awkward the silence is. And then she pulls out flashcards and says "Want to expand your vocabulary?" This is surprising for two reasons - A) Who carries around flash cards when not studying hours before an exam? B) Who breaks them out for leisure?

Regardless, we went through the cards twice. Once to see if she knew what the words meant and second, the mnemonic devices behind how she memorized them. I wish I could remember the words because some of them were pretty funny (One of them looked unfinished and it's meaning was something along the line of "unfinished," so it worked.) So although I did burn a few brain cells watching mindless horror, my vocabulary was expanded, if only for a few words I can remember.

1 comment: