Sunday, January 18, 2009

1.17.09


Okay, with this I tried to capture what a bar looks like when it's so full it has to turn a ton of people away. I failed miserably.

But I do want to say, I went out for my friend's birthday party to a local bar. It's arguably one of St. Joe's more popular bars. And there can be no argument that it's by far the most uncomfortable.

I don't know what it is about some bars, the same went for Kent (so, yes, Ohio is not off the hook), the most popular bars are usually the "bro bars." Which means lots of popped collars and crooked, straight-billed hats, which means I'll be staying home. I'm not much of a bar person and the fact that there's not a smoking ban here means if you don't smoke, you're still going home smelling like the cast of "Mad Men" minus looking dapper as hell.

So why do I complain? I don't know. But happy birthday Mary!

1 comment:

  1. I can't even imagine smoking bars anymore. You can still smoke in bars in VA, and it throws me every time, and I leave. Sick.

    PS: Met a random guy last night who just applied for a journalism job in St. Joseph, MO. Crazyyy.

    ReplyDelete